The Food Science and Management Department shows CBS3 how to make some Super Bowl snacks.
Feb 03, 2010
Dr. Bob Pierson and his students show CBS3's Lesley Van Arsdall how to put together great food for the big game. Check out the pictures, video and recipes below.
- 2 cups Rice
- 4 cups Water
- Ground White Pepper
- Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1 med. Onion
- 2 ribs Celery
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 link of Andouille or Kielbasa
- 6 Shrimp w/shell
- Mix all ingredients in a pot.
- Bring it to a boil on stove
- Once it boils, turn to the lowest heat setting and simmer for 20 minutes
Makes enough for 4-6 people
- 2 Pork Tenderloins
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- Soft rolls
- Cut tenderloins to 3 ounce slices
- Pound them until they are a quarter-inch thick
- Dip them in the flour, followed by the egg wash and then the breadcrumbs.
- Fry the tenderloins in a shallow pan of oil until they are golden brown.
- Place on a toasted soft roll and add lettuce, tomato, onion, and pickles.
Makes enough for 16 sandwiches
- 6 Flour tortillas
- ½ pound grated cheese
- Grated onion
- 6 pre-peeled, cooked shrimp
- Sour cream
- Place the tortilla in a dry pan on medium heat
- Sprinkle cheese and onion on the tortilla.
- Add the shrimp on top.
- Create a second layer of cheese and onion
- Place a second tortilla on top
- Let the cheese melt and flip (like making grilled cheese)
- Cut into 6 wedge pieces
Makes 18 pieces total