*Pending approval by Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Master of Healthcare Administration Curriculum 36 Credits (39 with optional elective)*
Applicants may be considered for conditional acceptance and permitted to start in the program if coursework/competency exam or equivalency is in progress for Introductory Statistics and Research Methods. DelVal offers several options for achieving MHA prerequisite competencies. Students must complete the two required prerequisites and Health Information Systems and Informatics before they will be permitted to enroll in Data Analytics for Healthcare Managers.
- Introductory Statistics Course or Competency
- Research Methods Course or Competency
- U.S. Healthcare Systems
- Ethical, Legal and Policy Issues in Healthcare Management
- Marketing and Communications for Healthcare Leadership
- Healthcare Accounting, Economics and Financial Management
- Clinical Integration in Health Services Management
- Health Information Systems and Informatics for Innovative Leaders
- Data Analytics and Impact for Healthcare Managers (prerequisite: Health Information Systems and Informatics)
- Quality and Performance Improvement for Healthcare Transformation
- Operations and Value-Based Strategies in Healthcare
- Healthcare Capstone Experience: Strategic Management and Leadership for Healthcare (last course in program)
Students must choose two electives to complete as part of the core curriculum or complete all three for consideration of an applied area of specialty or additional certification.
- Elective 1-Long Term Care
- Elective 2-Population Health Management for Healthcare Leaders
- Elective 3-Patient Access and Value-Based Care for Healthcare Pioneers
Students interested in advancing their career in a focused specialty can explore electives within healthcare or across disciplines on a case by case basis and pending approval from the academic director and availability of courses.
*Master of Healthcare Administration Curriculum Draft, 36 credits (39 with optional elective), Updated September, 2019