Is the program full-time or part-time? Can I work and attend school at the same time?

You can take the program at your pace, so either option is available.  However, you must complete your courses within six years from when you started.  And, yes, our students work both full and part-time while enrolled in the program.

When and where are classes held?

Classes are offered on our campus in Doylestown on weekday evenings from 6 until 9 p.m.

How many credits are required to complete the program?

Students complete 36 credits (12 courses) to graduate.

What are the concentration areas?

All students choose from one of the three concentration areas:

  • Food and Agriculture –agriculture and food production, security, and distribution policy issues
  • Community and International Development – socio-economic development, including domestic and international policy issues
  • Sustainability and Environment –sustainability questions and environmental questions and policy issues 

What is the capstone?

A great feature of the program is that every student CHOOSES from several options, based on your career interests and experience level.  Customize your degree to suit your specific academic and professional goals and interests.

When are students admitted and how to do I apply?

Students are admitted to begin their studies in either the fall or spring semester. Completed applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. You can apply here.

What are the application requirements?

  • A completed application form and non-refundable application fee
  • A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution documented on official transcripts
  • Three letters of recommendation
  • Personal statement addressing your personal and career goals
  • Current resume or curriculum vitae

What are the application requirements for international students?

In addition to the items listed above, international students need to have non-U.S. transcripts evaluated by WES (World Education Service), and acceptable TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) scores.

Are transfer credits from another graduate program accepted?

We may consider transfer of up to six graduate credits from an accredited college/university under certain conditions, including course content, grade point average, and how recently the course was completed. Please discuss this with a program director prior to taking courses elsewhere. If you have previous coursework, please submit an official transcript for review.

Is financial aid available?

Links to FASFA and institutional forms can be found on the financial aid website. If you are applying for federal or state financial aid, the Delaware Valley University institutional code is 003252. You can contact an aid counselor at 215.489.2272 or We also have very limited graduate assistantships available.

Is there any assistance for students with learning disabilities?

Applicants or current students with any learning disabilities who wish to discuss the available academic accommodations should contact Student Support Services at 215.489.2490. You will find them very helpful!