Transfer Student Application Procedures
These steps are for transfer students, degree completion students and second-degree students.
- Fill out our application. Applications are available for download or from our Office of Admission (Please note: this document requires Adobe Reader. If you do not have Adobe Reader installed, you may download it free-of-charge from Adobe's website).
- Have high school and/or college transcripts sent to the Admission Office at the following address:
The Office of Admission
Delaware Valley University
700 East Butler Avenue
Doylestown, Pa. 18901
- If a campus visit is important to you, call the Admission Office at 1.800.2DELVAL to schedule a visit. This is not required, but it is strongly recommended.
- Begin working on your financial aid paperwork as soon as you can.
- * For Veterans only - please submit a copy of DD form 214. If you are presently in the service, you must submit a letter of reference from your commanding officer.
- If you have any questions at any time regarding your application or the process, give our Transfer Coordinator a call at 215.489.2296.
- After receipt of your application and your transcripts, the Director of Admission will review your application.
- After your application has been reviewed, you will receive a letter in the mail notifying you of DelVal's decision on your application.
- If you have been admitted to the college, our Transfer Coordinator will begin to evaluate your previous credits for transfer to DelVal. You will receive a copy of this evaluation in the mail.
- Our Financial Aid Department will put together a Financial Aid package for you if you have been admitted to DelVal and you have filled out the appropriate FAFSA listing as Delaware Valley University. You will receive this in the mail as soon as it is finished.
As Delaware Valley University functions on a rolling admission basis, students may apply at any time. Admission to DelVal will be granted provided the applicant meets our academic requirements and there is room in the major to which the student is applying.
The Final Step
Once a student has made the decision to enroll at DelVal, students must pay a $200 deposit toward your tuition. If you plan on living on campus, the deposit must be $400 to secure both tuition and housing.
After you have paid your enrollment deposit, student login credentials and information will be generated to allow you to register for courses. As a student enrolling in the spring semester (January start term), you will be directed by our Transfer Coordinator to meet individually with academic department chairpersons who will assist with course selection. For students enrolling in the fall semester (August start term), you will be permitted to register for a Transfer Registration event to meet with your academic department for course selection, advising and registration.
To officially be considered a transfer student, you must have completed at least 15 transferable college level credits. Our minimum cumulative GPA requirement is a 2.0. In addition, you will need to have had successfully completed high school Algebra I and II. For majors that require Biology and Chemistry as part of their curriculum, students will need to have completed high school Biology and Chemistry. For majors that do not require Biology and Chemistry, students will need to have completed either Biology or Chemistry.