Delaware Valley University encourages alumni, family, and fans to create a great game day atmosphere at DelVal home athletic contests. Thanks to the enthusiasm of DelVal fans, tailgating has been an important tradition. Delaware Valley University promotes tailgating in a safe, responsible, and respectful way.
Please keep these guidelines in mind when planning tailgates.
Delaware Valley University wants everyone to have a great experience! We ask that fans be respectful of those surrounding them, and remain mindful of their choice of language and activity. Individuals are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that reflects positively on DelVal. Persons acting in a disruptive, disrespectful, or disorderly manner may be asked to leave the property. Students also may be charged with a violation of the Student Conduct Code. Please keep all music and audio at a volume that is respectful of tailgating neighbors.
- Tailgating is permitted in parking lots A and E. Grills (see section below) are only permitted in E Lot and the grass area immediate parallel to the railroad tracks in A Lot.
- The use of parking lot end caps and islands for tables, games or other tailgate set up is prohibited as it compromises pedestrian and vehicular safety and access.
- To maximize parking availability for all fans, tailgaters must not use adjacent parking spaces for tables, chairs, etc. All parking spaces are reserved for motor vehicles on game days. Only one parking spot per vehicle is permitted.
- Tailgating activity, including tables, games, or grills in any traffic lanes or pedestrian pathways is not permitted.
Please help keep the DelVal campus beautiful. All groups are responsible for making sure their area is clean prior to departing from the game.
For safety reasons, grills are permitted only in the grassy areas contiguous to E Lot and the grass area immediately parallel to the railroad tracks in A Lot. Only propane grills are permitted for tailgating. Charcoal or open fires are not permitted. Grills are not allowed in or around motor vehicles or on the paved surface of the parking lots.
- Participants in tailgating are expected to follow all relevant Pennsylvania laws and University policies, including but not limited to those: prohibiting the service to and consumption of alcohol by those under the legal drinking age of 21; not driving while intoxicated; prohibition on drinking games.
- Post-game consumption of alcohol is prohibited.
- Distilled beverages/liquor and kegs are not permitted.
- Glass containers are prohibited.
- Pets are not permitted at tailgating or at the stadium. Dogs assisting individuals with disabilities must be kept on a leash or under control of their owner at all times.
- The University is not responsible or liable for accidents, damage, loss or theft of materials, items, or personal property.
- Large groups or groups requiring institutional support in planning of gathering and may be prohibited unless sponsored by a University department and/or subject to additional University policies.
- Tents/canopies must be securely anchored (no stakes) and must not obstruct driving lanes or pedestrian walkways. The University reserves the right to request they be taken down if they create obstructions.